Master plumbers are journeymen who undergo considerable training to acquire broad plumbing skills. To become a master plumber, you must first have experience as a journeyman plumber. It’s necessary to comply with the standards if you’ve worked as a journeyman plumber for a considerable amount of time and wish to get a master plumber license.
In the Philippines, to become a Licensed Master Plumber, you must take part in and pass the Licensure Examination conducted by the PRC (Professional Regulation Commission) twice a year.
This 2023, the first schedule for Master Plumbers Exam was already done on February 19-20, and the second one will be this July 15-16. If you are one of those hopeful journeyman plumbers or any graduates who experience in the field planning to take the Master Plumbers Licensure Examination, here are the things you need to know before taking the board exam, including schedules, requirements, and coverage.
What is a Master Plumber?
According to Indeed.com’s career guide, a master plumber is a person who has earned the highest professional level of plumbing. To become a master plumber, you must complete an apprenticeship, become a licensed journeyman and gain a license to be a master plumber.
A master plumber installs, maintains, and repairs systems in a highly skilled manner that exceeds the expertise of regular plumbers. They are responsible for maintaining and repairing both outdoor and indoor plumbing issues.
Are you planning to take part in the Master Plumbing Board Exam? Learn more about The Best and Affordable Master Plumber Review Center here!
Master Plumber Licensure Exam 2023 Schedule
The PRC (Professional Regulation Commission) has already released the schedule of master plumbing board exams this 2023.
The 2023 exam dates are February 19-20 and July 15-16. You can check the table below for further details on the Master Plumber Licensure Exam Schedule.
|DATE/S OF EXAM||DAY/S||LOCATIONS||START OF APPLICATION||DEADLINE OF APPLICATION|
|February 19-20, 2023||Sunday, Monday||NCR, Baguio, Butuan, Cagayan de Oro, Calapan, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Koronadal, Legazpi, Lucena, Pagadian, Rosales, and Tacloban||November 18, 2022||January 20, 2023|
|July 15-16, 2023||Saturday, Sunday||NCR, Baguio, Butuan, Cagayan de Oro, Calapan, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Koronadal, Legazpi, Lucena, Pagadian, Rosales, and Tacloban||April 17, 2023||June 16, 2023|
Qualifications and Requirements for Master Plumber
Following PRC, here is the list of qualifications and requirements you should prepare before taking the master plumber board examinations:
- Transcript of Record with Special Order (S.O.)
- Civil Engineering
- BS in Architecture
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- For BSEE graduates with five (5) years of experience
- NSO/PSA Birth Certificate
- NSO/PSA Marriage Contract (for married female applicants)
- For non-degree holders should comply with the following:
- High School Diploma/Transcript of Records.
- Must have five (5) years of Notarized Certificate of Experience signed by the Registered Master Plumber whose registration date is before the date of employment.
- Certificate of Employment or service record
- Transcript of Records with scanned picture and Remarks “For Board Examination Purposes.”
- Payment: P600.00
How to apply for the Master Plumber Licensure Exam?
The application will now be online at the PRC LERIS. You can go to this link for more details: https://online.prc.gov.ph/. Applicants should pay through Landbank (i-access), PayMaya/Gcash, or UCPB (over the counter). After your application, you can go to the PRC office near you to submit all the requirements needed.
Coverage of Master Plumbing Board Examinations
PLUMBING CODE (10%)
- Code of Ethics
- Plumbing Terms
- General Regulations
- Quality and Weight of Materials
- Joints and Connections
- Traps and Cleanout
- Water Supply and Distribution
- Plumbing Fixtures
- Ventilation of Rooms and Fixtures
- Minimum Trap Diameters, Drain Size, and Fixtures Unit Value (Tables)
- Maximum Fixtures Unit on one stock
- Maximum permissible height and size of vents
- Construction of a septic vault
- Hot water and steam waste
- House Drain and house sewer
- Horizontal branches
- Special waste
- Inspection and Test
- Special Provisions
PLUMBING ARITHMETIC (10%)
- Modern Algebra
- Financial Arithmetic
PRACTICAL PROBLEMS AND EXPERIENCES (40%)
- Plan Reading and Interpretation
- Plumbing Materials
- Plumbing Fixtures and Appliances
- Hand and Machine Tools
- Maintenance and Repair
- Bill of Materials and Estimates
- Obligations and Contracts
SANITATION PLUMBING DESIGN AND INSTALLATION (40%)
- Development of sources of water for rural residences
- Wastewater treatment and disposal for buildings and premises
- Water supply and distribution system
- Sanitary drainage and ventilating system
- Storm and sub-surface drainage system
- Water heating system
- Dry and wet sand pipes
- Water pumps, tanks, cisterns, sewage
- Plan and specification
Are Calculators Allowed?
The calculators with the following features – addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, trigonometric function, logarithm, and xy are ALLOWED.
Calculators which are programmable or with embedded functions are PROHIBITED, especially CASIO FX991ES and CASIO FX-991ES plus.
For more General Instructions for the Master Plumber Licensure Exam, read here: PROFESSIONAL REGULATORY BOARD FOR MASTER PLUMBERS.
Did You Hear that there is an Affordable Master Plumbing Review Center? Hear us out!
Are you one of those who are planning to take the Master Plumbing Board Examination this upcoming July 15 and 16? Well, prepare and equip yourself with the help of the Padilla Review Center. An affordable and one of the best Master Plumber review centers that will help you achieve your dreams, not only pass the board exam but also help to ace the examination. We offer affordable programs with experienced instructors and a warm community to rely on.
Enroll yourself now! Be a Future Licensed Master Plumber in our country!