In Civil Engineering, building structures have various considerations to consider. Every part of a structure that we see around us has been designed to fit every structure. Every part of a structure is designed for different purposes that would make a building stand strong, long, and beautiful.
Professionals, such as Civil Engineers use various tools that would help them design the structure of a building. If you are an aspiring Civil Engineer, it would be very beneficial if you take some time to learn these tools in advance
What are the best steel structure design tools?
There are probably a number of tools that you can use to design a steel structure around the web. Let’s get to know what are the BEST tools that you can use for your steel structure design.
- Advance Steel – Autodesk – Advance Steel is software by Autodesk that gives structural engineers various intelligent structural elements, steel connections, and automatic tools for steelwork. It has superb features that made it known in the industry.
- Parametric steel connections
- Built-in connection design engine
- Propagation of steel connections
- Sheet metal and folded plate work
- Stairs, railings, and cage ladders
- Edilus Steel – EdiLus STEEL is the BIM software for designing and calculating steel structures. It is famous for its amazing integrations that make designing and collaborative projects work more efficiently.
- 3D Steel structure modeling
- Parametric BIM objects for design and modeling
- Integrated structural model FEM solver
- Parametric object for truss modeling
- RAM Steel – RAM Structural System gives you various integrations that are best for structural analysis, design, drafting, and documentation for steel and concrete buildings, foundations, and even individual structural components.
- Analyze gravity and lateral load
- Design lateral resisting frames
- Share your structural data with other applications
- Integrate with complimentary applications
- Intuitive modeling environment
- Tekla Structural Designer – Tekla is a famous software that is fully automated and packed with many unique features for optimized concrete and steel design.
- Create physical, information-rich models
- Smooth and effective BIM integration
- Seamless collaboration
- Optimized composite beams, columns, US joists, trusses, braces and plated sections
SAP 2000 – The SAP2000 by Computers and Structures, Inc. that offers a wide rage of code-based design features for steel frame, concrete frame, cold form steel, and aluminum frame. This software is also one of the best and known structural design and modeling in the industry.
- Enhanced DirectX Graphics
- Multiple Views
- Includes required area of steel calculations
- Includes member size optimization and implementation of design codes
Do you want to learn more about Steel Design? Learn about Civil Design on Padilla Review Center Online TV !