A new year has started, and many young civil engineering graduates are hopeful for this upcoming 2023 Civil Engineering Board Exam.
In the Philippines, to become a Registered Civil Engineer, you take part in and pass the Licensure Examination conducted by the Professional Regulation Commission twice a year.
This 2023, if you are one of those hopeful civil engineering graduates and retakers planning to take the civil engineering board exam,here are the things you need to know before taking the civil engineering licensure examination including schedules, requirements, and coverage.
Civil Engineering Licensure Exam 2023 Schedule
The PRC (Professional Regulation Commission) has already released the schedule of civil engineering board exams this 2023.
The 2023 exam dates are April 23-24 and November 17-18. You can check the table below for further details on the Civil Engineering Licensure Exam Schedule.
|DATE/S OF EXAM||DAY/S||LOCATIONS||START OF APPLICATION||DEADLINE OF APPLICATION|
|April 23 & 24, 2023||Sunday, Monday||NCR, Baguio, Butuan, Cagayan de Oro, Calapan, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Koronadal, Legazpi, Lucena, Pagadian, Pampanga, Rosales, Tacloban, Tuguegarao, Zamboanga, and Palawan||January 23, 2023||March 24, 2023|
|November 17 & 18, 2023||Friday, Saturday||NCR, Baguio, Butuan, Cagayan de Oro, Calapan, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Koronadal, Legazpi, Lucena, Pagadian, Pampanga, Rosales, Tacloban, Tuguegarao, Zamboanga, and Palawan||August 17, 2023||October 18, 2023|
Qualifications and Requirements for Civil Engineering Board Exam
For first-timers and even for retakers to qualify to take the Civil Engineering board exam, Republic Act No. 544 affirms the following qualifications:
- At least twenty-one years of age;
- A citizen of the Philippines;
- Have a good reputation and moral character; and
- A graduate of Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from a PRC recognized school, institute, college or university.
And here are the following requirements that the PRC released:
- NSO / PSA Birth Certificate
- NSO / PSA Marriage Contract (for married female applicants)
- Transcript of Records with scanned picture and Remarks “For Board Examinations Purposes)
- Valid NBI Clearance (First Timers & Repeaters)
- Two (2) Certificates of Good Moral Character from any 2 of the following:
- Payment: Php 900.00 – complete
How to apply for the Civil Engineering Board Exam?
The application will now be online at the PRC LERIS. You can go to this link for more details: https://online.prc.gov.ph/. Applicants are advised to pay through Landbank (i-access), PayMaya/Gcash, or UCPB (over the counter). After your application, you can go to the PRC office near you to submit all the requirements needed.
Coverage for Civil Engineering Board Exam
An applicant must have a total general average of 70% with grades in every subject given in the examination. And not less than 50% should get the following:
Mathematics, Surveying, and Transportation Engineering (35%)
- Differential Equations
- Integral Calculus
- Different Equations
- First Order Differential Equation
- Higher-Order Differential Equations
- Engineering Data Analysis
- Numerical Methods
- Physics for Engineers
- Engineering Economy
- Present Economy Study
- Time-Value Relations
- Selection Among Alternatives: Present, Annual, and Future Worth; Internal and External Rate of Return Method
- Construction Surveying and Layout
- Material for Constructions
- Quantity Surveying
- Construction Occupational Safety and Health
- Transportation Engineering
- Highway Engineering
-Highway and Urban Transportation Planning and Economics
-Driver, Vehicle, Traffic, and Road Characteristics
-Traffic Engineering and Highway Operations
-Road and Pavement Design
- Airport Engineering
- Ports and Harbors
- Construction Management Principles and Methods
- Engineering Relations and Ethics
- Contracts & Specifications
- Construction Project Organization
- Planning and Scheduling (PERT/CPM)
- Constructions Estimates
- Construction Methods & Operations
- Construction Equipment Operations and Maintenance
Hydraulics and Geotechnical Engineering (30%)
- Fluid Mechanics
- Properties of Fluids
- Fluid Flow Concepts and Basic Equations
- Viscous Flow and Fluid Resistance
- Ideal Fluid Flow
- Steady Flow in Closed Conduits
- Steady Flow in Open Channels
- Buoyancy and Floatation
- Relative Equilibrium of Liquids
- Soil Mechanics and Foundation
- Soil Properties and Classification
- Fluid Flow through Soil Mass
- Soil Strength and Tests
- Stresses in Soil Mass
- Bearing Capacity
- Consolidation and Settlement
- Soil Improvement
- Lateral Earth Pressures
- Slope Stability
- Water Supply Soil Properties
Structural Engineering and Construction (35%)
- Engineering Mechanics
- Statics of Rigid Bodies
- Dynamics of Rigid Bodies
- Kinematics of Rigid Bodies
- Strength of Materials
- Reinforced Concrete Beams and Columns
- Steel Beams, Columns, Footings, and Connections
- Prestressed Concrete Beams
- Construction Materials Testing
- Application of the Governing Codes of Practice
To be a legal professional, you must pass a board examination. It measures your knowledge, capability, and ethics. It makes sure that you are qualified to practice this profession.
After qualifying for the application, submit all the requirements to any PRC office near you. Then prepare yourself for the Civil Engineering licensure examination. You can read these tips to help you in your exam: 5 Useful Tips to Ace the Civil Engineering Board Exam.
Do you want to ace your board exam this 2023?
Padilla Review Center offered final coaching for upcoming Civil Engineering Board Examinations 2023. Enroll now and take advantage of all the services we offer to all reviewers.
Hurry! We have limited slots only.Exam prepared. Enroll now!
1 thought on “Civil Engineering Board Exam 2023: All You Need to Know”
I graduated BSCE : :SY 1999-2000
Board Exam Rating: 63.9 percent
Can I take the exam again?